Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's only been 3 days?!!?

As I continue here, my confidence grows in my signing everyday. I am really proud of myself and happy with how brave I've been. In order to try and get to know the girls here, I have stepped out of my comfort zone and started conversations with them. Usually I don't like to start conversations with strangers (especially in a language other than English!) but I have forced myself to. I find myself having conversations with students and afterward thinking, "Did I really just understand all of that? WOW!" It is starting to feel natural enough that I don't have to think about every single thing they say or I want to say. If I am asked a question, I answer and then think, "Wow, I didn't know I knew that sign!"
I've only been here for about 3 days but I feel like it's been forever! If I left tomorrow I would miss these girls-I can't imagine how hard it will be after a month!
Love to all!
-Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment